Friday, September 23, 2011

“Mooooom!”

Potty Training.  Yup, Claire’s pretty much potty trained at this point, she tells us when she’s gotta go, and rarely has accidents anymore.  BUT, she’s not good enough to take care of business on her own yet either.  So it’s pretty regular for the following to take place:

“Daddy I gotta go potty!”
“Ok, let’s go”
//walk to bathroom together but stop in the hallway outside the bathroom.
“Dad, you stay right here, I do it myself” 
//gives me the hand motion to STAY!  Then runs in and sits herself on her little potty seat…
“Peek-a-boo!”


I’ll ask if she’s done, but she takes forever!!!  Got more than just her old man’s looks I guess.  When she is finished, the entire house (and I suspect half the block) hears:
“MOOOOOOM!  I’m done!”
Pride may go before the fall, but dignity definitely goes before the potty time!  Such is life.
Tune in till next time…

Ryan

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! We both have posted about Claire's bathroom habits on our blogs this week...someday she'll be SO embarrassed. For now, we can laugh!!

    ReplyDelete